Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Burlap & Votives-Burlap Kisses-Burlap Project-Month Six

Burlap & Votives
I have had this idea in the back of my mind for some time now, but I had the hardest time finding stencils I liked. I went to many different craft stores looking for the perfect stencil set. Then I finally thought to check e-bay. They were exactly what I was looking for!
Here is where I found my stencils. Wouldn't these little guys make great gifts?




First I cut my burlap into 2x9 inch strips. 
Then I ironed the strips to make sure they were nice and flat.


Next I went outside, (I do not trust myself with paint inside the house LOL), and placed my stencil onto the burlap. Using a foam brush I sponged the paint onto the burlap until I got the look I wanted..


Very carefully take your stencil off and, voila, you have a beautiful number! 

Make sure you clean off your stencil and brush ASAP. 
 I think I may be a little obsessed with stencils now. They are super easy to use, and you can create so many beautiful things with them!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...