Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Burlap Project-Fall Banner


This is my last fall project for the year. In fact I already started putting my Christmas decorations up. 
I made this Fall banner a couple months ago and thought it would be great to share for this months burlap project. I took my banner outside and climbed up a tall ladder to snap these photos of the banner in my favorite tree. 

I didn't notice until editing these photos that my ribbon on the first banner piece was covering
my little Pilgrum guy. Unfortunately the banner was already packed away. Sorry guys I was too busy worrying about staying on the ladder to notice he was hiding.
.






I cut squares out of cardboard then cut up my burlap and stitched the edges so it wouldnt fray. Then I adhered the burlap to the cardboard. I used chipboard letter pieces and covered them with patterned paper. Next I decorated the banner with leaves, acorns and other fall items.

Supplies
Ribbon- Stampin Up
Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg Collection
Close to my Heart stamp set - Thanksgiving

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Stephanie. It does seem as though these fall festivities pass quickly. Just think, you'll have this for next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burlap and this is so textural and fun and beautiful for Autumn!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...