Sunday, November 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink-November 2012 Papertrey Blog Hop


I do love the cover art that the ladies over at PTI picked for inspiration, but I decided to go with my own. I just purchased a darling Christmas book at a local used book store. I was drawn in by its winter colors and sweet photos. I was already hoping to use it as inspiration even before I saw this fun challenge. To check out what others have created and to join in this months Blog Hop click here.


My Cover Art


It was so hard to photograph the "snow" on the trees and rooftop...
 I used a q-tip and the Whisper White Ink from Stampin' Up to get the snow look on my card.
Supplies
Close to my Heart-Snow Days Stamp Set

14 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your card is spot on. Great job interpreting the book cover. Love the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece of cover art to use - and your card is a delightful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on your inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A striking design that really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the colours and design. - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! A classic card to go with your classic cover. The color scheme is so soft and sweet. Great interpretation using those die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blog hop challenge. You've found a quaint book cover and your interpretation is spot on. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! Love your interpretation of such a fun cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully festive card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inspiration and a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...