Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Burlap Project- Burlap Heart Banner



 How to Make a Burlap Heart Banner

 First cut a piece of thick paper into the shape you want your banner pieces to be. 
Then pin it onto your burlap and cut it out. I cut out 8 banner pieces.
   


Using your sewing machine, stitch around all the edges to keep your burlap from fraying. Next you want to make a fold on the top of each banner piece that is big enough to pull whatever ribbon/string you're using through. You will want to measure each one to make sure all of your banner pieces are the same size. My fold from the top to the end of the folded piece is 3/4". Then stitch up.

To cut my hearts for the banner I used the Stampin Up Framelits Hearts Die and ran some burlap and gingham fabric through the Sizzix. *Note the burlap cut perfectly, but the fabric didn't do as good. I had to use my scissors and hand cut what wasn't cut all the way through. 

 I used some Aleene's tacky glue to adhere my hearts onto the banner pieces.




4 comments:

  1. Very cute! love it.. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever, Stephanie. This would be a perfect banner to greet guests at the front door as we are rapidly approaching Valentines Day. I hope work is going well and we see yur craftiness again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea!!!! I can see this at so many parties!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE this to bits, Stephanie! It's over the top ADORABLE, and so perfect for so many occasions! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...