Monday, November 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink November Blog Hop Challenge - Paper House -


 I really enjoyed participating in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge this month. I always love an opportunity to create a decoration for my home. The gals over at PTI provided a printable template of a house along with the challenge to decorate it any way you wish. I printed it directly onto some Pure Poppy PTI Cardstock and cut it out and scored on the lines. My roof and door is made from Dark Chocolate PTI Cardstock. The roof measurements are 4 1/2" x 2 3/4" and I scored it at 1/4", 2 1/4", 4 1/4" all on the longest side.


 To make my roof a little more roof like I used a QuicKutz embossing folder.  After figuring out where to place the little windows and used an X-acto knife to cut them out and placed a small piece of clear acetate behind them to look like glass. My shutters are made from Pinefeather PTI Cardstock and a Stampin' Up punch.


I used my Cricut to make the cute topiary's, wreath, and bow. I purchased the fake trees and battery tea light from the dollar store. The roof and trees were both painted with some white acrylic craft paint.
 
Be sure to head over to the Papertrey Ink blog to check out what others have created. If you would like to participate in this months challenge click here.

Supplies

11 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Love your little snow covered roof and how you made the topiaries and shutters.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the grazing deer to the embossed roof, I love every detail! Fanciful goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene you created is just lovely. LOVE the deer. Great idea to put the door on the longer side of the template. Never thought of that! Much better for windows.Love the wooden door :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love how you added the In the Meadow die cuts to your little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a CUTE little house!!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous little house!! Love the snowman and deer accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, this is so enchanting! It looks like such a sweet Alpine cottage! I LOVE it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely winter scene you created, Stephanie, Beautiful job on the deer, snowman and fab house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful decoration. So detailed, I love all the little additions including the light and the die cuts. Looks like you'll have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I adore your embossed wreath, and I love how you created an entire scene.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...