Thursday, February 13, 2014

WPlus9 - Birthday Celebration Week 2: Step It Up Challenge



The WPlus9 blog challenge this week is to create a project with a focus on adding dimension. I started my card with some Rustic Cream Cardstock and stamped it with the garden pots stamp set in Timber Brown from Stazon. My next step was to use the Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals die to cut the flowers in Rustic Cream. Then I stamped and colored all the pieces. I used a watercolor technique to color in the backgrounds and then used the Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals stamp set to stamp the coordinating designs and colors. To add some final dimension I curled the die cut leaves and used some 3-D foam squares behind a few of the flowers.


The sentiment on the bottom of my card was stamped in Lucky Limeade using the Happy Sentiments stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. I used the Die from the same set to cut the Happy 3 times, twice in cream cardstock and once in silver glimmer paper. I layered them on top of each other to make the silver sentiment pop and to add more dimension.


Be sure to check out the Wplus9 blog to see what others came up with for this challenge.

Supplies

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Where to start? There is simply not an element of this card that I don't love. However, the raising of that happy die cut is inspired. Just beautiful, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...